Here’s a list, in no short or specific order, of things, people, and places that make me happy in case you’re looking to give some of your money to good causes, get connected with great work, listen to/watch something new & cool, or travel somewhere amazing…
Collaborators — These are some fellow local business people (women-owned & blacked owned businesses) that I have done business with or am starting to. Please check them out!
- Social Impact Studios
- Catherine A. Moore Illustration & Design
- Decatur Atlanta Printing
- Young and Scrappy
Support — Nonprofits and causes that are worth your financial support and volunteer hours!
- Alternate ROOTS
- C4 Atlanta
- Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation— reminder on why I support that cause
- Second Helpings Atlanta
Listen — If you are a podcast junkie like I am, you’re always looking for recommendations. Here are a few of mine!
- NPR’s Pop Culture Happy Hour
- Snap Judgment
- This American Life
- Modern Love
- Hidden Brain
- Rough Translation
- Clear + Vivid with Alan Alda
- Terrible, Thanks for Asking
- Death, Sex, & Money
- The Moth Radio Hour
- Selected Shorts
- Slate’s Double X Gabfest
- Slate’s Culture Gabfest
- On Being
- TED Radio Hour
- The Dinner Party Download
Read — A few places where I find regular inspiration.
Read More — These are my favorite books that have to do with the art & science of storytelling.
- If I Understood You, Would I Have This Look On My Face? by Alan Alda
- Long Story Short by Margot Leitman
- Jo Carson’s Spider Speculations
- The Storytelling Animal: How Stories Make Us Human by Jonathan Gottschall
- The Myth Gap: What Happens When Evidence and Arguments Aren’t Enough? by Alex Evans
Places to Buy Cool Stuff — Need I say more?
- Beautiful in Every Shade
- My friend, Becky’s, Rodan & Field’s Page – She will help your skin look amazing!
- Lipstick Lovelies by Louise